What's It All about?
" I was having a day off work, feeling blue. After seeing you on television talking about self esteem, I rethought about myself and the qualities I had, and instantly felt better about myself." - Teacher from Hamilton
Patron : Mrs Corban
To raise the awareness of the power and the effects of a healthy self-esteem in our lives, our workplaces, our families and our communities
Self Esteem Definition:
- The sense of Purpose - Self Awareness Self Care Self Respect Self Appreciation
- The sense of Talent and Identity - Authenticity Creating me Living me
- The sense of Security and Worth - Being Empowering Optimism Communication
- The sense of Belonging and Others - Healthy Relationships Awareness of differences
- The sense of Competence and Consequence - Abundance Inner peace Balance for all
The Six Vital Ingredients Of Self-Esteem
Self-Esteem is a composite of six vital
ingredients that can empower or detract from the vitality of our
The six are:
- PHYSICAL SAFETY - Freedom from physical harm
- EMOTIONAL SECURITY - The absence of intimidations and fears
- IDENTITY - The "Who am I?" question
- AFFILIATION - A sense of belonging
- COMPETENCE - A Sense of feeling capable
- MISSION - The feeling that one's life has meaning and direction.
BETTIE B YOUNGS The 6 Vital ingredients of self esteem - How to develop them in your students. Printed courtesy of Gordon Dryden - The Learning Revolution, www.thelearningweb.net
- Look after yourself
- Tell other people at home, work, school
- Make a phone call to family and friends and share the concept of the day
- E-mail friends and family and boost their esteem and ask them to pass it on
- Send a text to people
- Copy and print the poster below and display at work or distribute it through your work network
- Contact your customers and thank them for their patronage of your business
"Treat people as if they were what they should be, and help them become what they are capable of being." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Thank you to Sponsors:
Download a FREE Ebook...
Bullying Victim to Global Leader – Janice shares her journey - The Success Attitude AND How to Get It…
My book is proof - it can be done!
Your Online Help Guide
Promotional Kits for Selfday
FREE For use in ezines, newsletters, work, schools, homes or groups.
- Information Sheet
- General information and Overview
- How to get involved
- General Article
- Self-esteem tips for children
- Self-esteem tips for the workplace
- Boost your Esteem Worksheet
- Success Journal
- Download now >
Click here for a FREE water cooler in NZ ..
Is your cell phone’s EMA radiation